Wednesday, March 26, 2014

#15 Heart Mini 5K

#15 was the Heart Mini 5K held the second weekend in March in downtown Cincinnati.  It was so c-c-c-c-cold.  I mean...freezing.  I wore so many layers, I wasn't sure I would be able to move.  Originally, we were set to walk with the "walkers" at noon.  There was no way in hell I was going to hang around until noon...freezing my ass off....to walk anywhere.

So...we jumped ahead and walked with the "serious" runners/ walkers at the 10:30 start time.  There were some seriously deranged people walking around in shorts that morning.


Now, many of you know that I do not run.  Only if being chased by wild boars.  Or small children.....

But this was different.

I ran.  Sort of.  I jogged.  Kind of.  I moved quicker than I normally do.  And there were many hills...and ups and downs....but I managed to log my personal best time for the event.  Only because I though there would be the promise of warmth at the end.

After the race, we were herded into the post-race wave of treats: bananas, water bottles, trail mix.  After the previous week's reward of beer after the race....I was disappointed.

I brightened considerably when they handed me a shiny, silver blanket wrap-thing.  I will wear it as a cape.  Fearless Walker Girl. New Name.  Think I'll take it out for a spin.




No comments:

Post a Comment