Friday, August 30, 2013

August 30, 2013.

#2 Lady Distance Classic - Fleet Feet store in Blue Ash.  My second 5K was much more solid than my first.  At least I didn't trip and fall on this one.  It was hot and muggy and it began at 6:30 PM.  The course ran through the City of Blue Ash, by the middle school and junior high, then through a neighborhood with no sidewalks.

It is rapidly becoming clear to me that there is a language amongst runners and walkers than I do not understand.  At each of these walks, I am surrounded by people who trade information about their latest run accomplishment ...and I have no idea what they are talking about.  Clearly, it's in code.  A private language that is used in the presence of an infidel.

I think about walking these 5Ks with friends but am finding it better (for now) to use the time to think....mull over some ideas rattling around in my head.  I also think that if I wait to do this until someone becomes available....I will never do it.

In a week that has held 2 early morning meetings, my annual physical, a tetanus shot, a flu shot and my yearly mammogram....well, let's just say I'm not walking a 5K on Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment